All newborns born at Valley West Community Hospital will have one photo taken that will become part of their electronic medical record. Additional photos can be taken by the photographer and will be available on the internet to view and/or purchase prints. Our photographer’s standard session fee has been waived for your session at Valley West.
- Your nurse will inform you when the photographer will be available to photograph your baby.
- Following the photo session, your baby’s password-protected photos will be available on our website within 24 hours. You may share your unique password with others to access your baby’s photos. The photos will remain on our site for 14 days, however extensions for posting are available upon request.
- Purchases can be made by email, over the phone or by mailing in a completed order form to 15 W. Railroad St., Sandwich, IL 60548.
- Please ask about our order form if you wish to place your order during your visit at the hospital.
Newborn Birth Photo Session
Here are a few tips to prepare for your photo session:
- If you plan on being a part of the photos, please wear a solid color shirt, tank or cami. (white, brown, grey or black preferred)
- Have your favorite baby blanket available for the photo shoot. This will add beautiful color, texture and a natural look to your photos. If you don’t have a blanket available, one can be provided for use during the photos.